.

Monday, February 11, 2019

Technology or Liberal Arts? :: Personal Reflection

I have always had two interesting, exclusively opposite loves. I have always found myself referring back to calculating machines and doctrine in my everyday routine. I would usually spend hours reading and analyzing Platos doctrines or tinkering with the insides of my custom made PC, sometimes both at the aforesaid(prenominal) time. However, if ever asked which one I would like to pursue as a c atomic number 18er, I would have to stop and think about it. Both computer acquirement and philosophy have a lot to offer, but at the same time, a lot to dislike.There argon advantages and disadvantages for getting a computer science degree. Computer science is a growing subject field that isnt slowing down. Companies are constantly looking for young buttonlike gurus who know how to understand and handle the amount of new information macrocosm created every day. Even in this current economic situation, race who choke with computers have very stable jobs. We as a society are at a point where we rely too heavily on computers to accomplish tasks for us, and cannot just simply stop using them. Financially, computer science also looks promising. Since computers are alien to most people, the fact that there are a small percentage of people that actually understand computers, people who know are considered to have a unique set of skills. So employers are ready to give fat paychecks to anyone that has proven that they are experts in the field. Since I have had previous jobs in this field, I can fix that there is good money in it. For example, being a subordinate in a high school I was given a part time job (which later became full time) which started me off at $9.25 an hour. This later increased as they saw how skilled I was. On the other hand, despite all of these positive reasons, computer science has a very promising outlook as a job for it is sort of boring and dull. I would find myself hating my job and myself as I shell away at a keyboard inside of a cubical. It does not lay down the body or the mind and I would find myself looking advancing to simple things, such as being first to get to the new-fashioned pot of coffee, as a source of excitement. As well as not enjoying my job, my degree would be outdated within a fewer years. Which means though I may have been working for a company for multiple years, a young naive college graduate could soft take my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment